COVID-19 Testing in Salem
At a special meeting on September 17, 2021 the Salem Board of Health voted unanimously to institute a requirement for the month of October that any person attending a large indoor event be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the event in order to enter.
Click here to read the order, an FAQ, and find additional details about this public health measure.
- Stop the Spread – Stop the Spread is a state testing program; you can also visit Stop the Spread sites in communities around Salem and other locations.
- Salem Downtown October Rapid Testing – Pre-registration is recommended. If appointments are not available when you visit the registration website, please check back shortly as new appointments are added on a rolling basis.
- Salem Hospital Testing – You do not need to be a patient of North Shore Physicians Group, Salem Hospital, nor any hospital in the Mass General Brigham network. You may be asked to provide insurance information at this site; if you do not have insurance, you can still receive testing.
- Pharmacy Testing – COVID-19 testing is available at many private pharmacies. Locations in Salem include multiple CVS and Walgreens on Boston Street.
- Salem State University Testing – If you are an employee or student at Salem State University.