Salem Cultural Council Announces 2022 Grant Details
Applications open September 1, due by October 17
Funding Theme: Connecting Salem with Its Vast History
- Applicants must reside, work, have an organization in Salem or have an established partnership with an organization based in Salem.
- Programs must take place in Salem or benefit the residents of Salem.
- The Council strongly encourages applicants who would like to create a large permanent, semi-permanent, or enduring project that fits the theme to apply. We will consider committing a significant portion of our funds to projects of this type.
- Programs that activate unexpected or underutilized canvases and performance spaces within the city of Salem.
- Programs that celebrate and promote the diversity of our community.
- Programs that are educational and accessible for the community, regardless of age or ability
Review Criteria, In addition to the state criteria, applications will be evaluated using the following:
- How well the program fits the above stated local funding priorities and theme
- Evidence of track record and dedication of the applicant
- Ability to address the diverse cultural needs of a community’s underserved populations
- Demonstrated planning (i.e. the ability to complete the project within the cycle year)
- Financial need
Online Application Opens: September 1, 2022
Online Application Deadline: October 17, 2022, 11:59 pm